Frequently Asked Questions - NZ
Buying a pair of Blundstones can be a big decision with so many different styles and colours available. If you have any questions about buying a pair of our boots, look through the FAQs below, or reach out to our customer service team who are here to help.
WHY IS BLUNDSTONE UNLIKE ANY OTHER BOOT?
Born in Tasmania, Blundstone has been making boots since 1870. Like their place of origin, these boots are built tougher than they need to be and designed to go anywhere, do anything and look great every step of the way.
- Natural foot shape
Shaped for absolute comfort, Blundstone boots mould to the wearer’s foot over time, creating a custom fit that is truly yours and yours alone.
- Pull tabs
Blundstone’s iconic pull tabs make them effortless to put on and kick off. Because adventure waits for no one.
- Premium Materials
All of the boots in our range are treated for maximum water resistance. They’ll keep you dry, no matter where life takes you. Select styles in our safety range, like our gumboots, are completely waterproof, to protect against the harshest of conditions.
- Maximum comfort
SPS (Shock Protection System) Max Comfort has been designed and engineered to provide ultimate protection and support, with the inclusion of XRD® Extreme Impact Protection Technology. XRD® absorbs up to 90% of the impact when you move so your bones and joints don’t have to. XRD® is a registered trademark of Rogers Corporation.
Blundstone boots are made to fit snugly around your ankle so can be tight to pull on the first time. Over time, the boot will stretch slightly over the instep, but never lengthwise.
- Built seamless
Our one piece uppers ensure minimal seams on the boot which helps to protect against breakage and leaks.
WHAT SIZE BOOT SHOULD I BUY?
A proper fit is the key to getting the most out of your Blundstones. To ensure your boots are fit to go everywhere life takes you, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- All Blundstone boots are unisex with the exception of the Women’s Safety Series and Women’s Heel Boots.
- With repeated use, your Blundstone boots will stretch slightly over the instep, but never stretch lengthwise.
- Our Classics series come with two pairs of footbeds that can be used to adjust sizing.
- If you prefer trying on a pair in person, you can use our store locator to find your nearest local retailer.
- Blundstone boots and shoes are marked with Australian / United Kingdom sizing. Please refer to the size guide below to find the size that’s right for you.
WHERE ARE YOUR BOOTS MADE?
Blundstone is 100% Tasmanian privately-owned and a family company. Our HQ is in Hobart and we also manufacture our gumboots in Tasmania, with the factory based at HQ. The factory has the capacity to produce 400,000 pairs of gumboots each year.
Our leather products are produced in Vietnam, India, China, Mexico and Thailand to continue to supply the quality boots you know and love for an ever-expanding global market. As we’ve expanded production capability to meet demand, we’ve kept – and continue to keep - a firm eye on the ethical standards of the manufacturers that produce our boots.
For us to be involved with a supplier, we must be satisfied that they comply with strict requirements in how they treat their people and their environment. We research internationally for supply sources and demand not only stringent quality standards, but healthy labour conditions and working environments. We employ our own inspectors on site at all manufacturing locations to ensure this occurs.
This means that respect for human rights and compliance with labour laws are high on the agenda. It’s written into our Factory Workplace Code of Conduct (Code) and our Factory Labour Practice Certification that we insist upon. Not only do our partners sign up to these, but they must ensure employees are informed about them and agree to periodic and unannounced audits for compliance.
Our requirements for ethical behaviour ensure there’s no forced or child labour, harassment or abuse, or discrimination. It ensures appropriate health and safety, freedom of association and collective bargaining, wages and benefits, hours of work, overtime compensation, and environmental standards.
Doing the right thing is part of who we are. As a family-owned company with a long and proud heritage, we have a firm commitment to behaving as an ethical global citizen.
WHAT IS XRD® TECHNOLOGY?
XRD® Extreme Impact Protection combines the latest materials with ultimate design capabilities. Soft and flexible to the touch, yet tough on impact – XRD® Technology is a lightweight, breathable material that’s engineered for maximum shock absorption and comfort.
WHAT IS SPS MAX COMFORT?
SPS Max Comfort has been designed and engineered to provide ultimate protection and support for the wearer with the inclusion of XRD® Extreme Impact Protection Technology. Absorbing up to 90% of energy at high speed impact with every step taken, it is designed to reduce workplace fatigue and orthopaedic problems in lower back, legs and feet. This high-tech material isn’t only in our safety footwear but our work and casual boots too.
HOW DO I RECOVER MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION?
Select ‘My Account’. ‘My Account’ is located on the top right-hand side of the navigation bar on the website. If you have forgotten your password, please click here to reset it. An email will be sent to you with a temporary password. Please use this to login and reset your password.
If you need further assistance, please contact Customer Service on firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I CHECK MY ORDER STATUS?
Once you have placed your order on the website, you should receive an automated email confirming your order. Please ensure you check your ‘junk’ folder if you don’t receive the email. You will receive a second email once your order has left the warehouse and is on the way to you. The email contains your TNT or NZ Couriers tracking number.
WHEN WILL MY BOOTS SHIP?
We offer free shipping for purchases made on the blundstone.co.nz website. Shipping is via TNT or NZ Couriers standard parcel with an estimated delivery time frame of 3 – 5 business days, depending on whether you live in a metropolitan area or rural area.
If you would like your boots faster, please call our customer service team during the business hours of 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday on either 09 813 1730 or by sending us a message and they will guide you through the process.
HOW CAN I TRACK MY ORDER?
Once your order ships you will receive an email notification providing the Courier tracking number so you can see where your boots are.
WHAT PAYMENT OPTIONS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal.
THINGS TO KNOW
- We offer free shipping for all purchases made online at www.blundstone.co.nz
- All orders are dispatched from our Auckland warehouse, 218 Swanson Road, Henderson, Auckland, 0610
- The warehouse is closed on New Zealand public holidays and during the Christmas / New Year period
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand
RETURNS & WARRANTY
BLUNDSTONE.CO.NZ RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Something not exactly what you wanted – wrong size, colour not quite what you expected? No worries, just send the boots back to us in their original unworn condition (when you try them on, please do it on carpet), with original swing tags still attached, in the original shoe box within 30 days and we will refund the original purchase price.
To keep things simple we offer refunds rather than exchanges. That way you can re-order any style/colour/size that you want, and at any time you want – just go to www.blundstone.co.nz and start a new order.
If you need to return your boots, here's what to do:
Step 1: We provide free returns for all our New Zealand customers. Put unworn boots and a copy of your invoice in the original box and place in a cardboard box.
Keep a copy of the invoice for your records.
Step 2: Contact our customer service team during the business hours of 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday on either 09 813 1730 or by sending us a message and they will guide you through the rest of the process. Returns take 2 – 3 business days to reach our warehouse. Once received, your request will be processed within 1 – 3 business days.
TERMS FOR RETURNS
- You have 30 days from the day your item shipped to initiate a return.
- Items purchased online at www.blundstone.co.nz cannot be returned at any of our dealers. They must be returned directly to us as outlined above.
- We only accept returns for items purchased at www.blundstone.co.nz
- All items must be received in their original, unworn condition and must include all original packaging or they will be refused.
- A refund will be issued for the purchase price to the credit card or PayPal account that you used to make the purchase within 5 business days.
- If our warehouse is unable to accept your return, the merchandise will be returned to you without credit.
DO YOU OFFER A WARRANTY?
At Blundstone we pride ourselves on the quality and durability of our products. Our warranty offers protection against manufacturing defects whether you purchased your boots directly from our online store or from one of our approved resellers.
For more information about our warranty and to file a claim, please visit our warranty page.
CAN I EXCHANGE MY BOOTS FOR A DIFFERENT PAIR?
To keep things simple we offer refunds rather than exchanges. That way you can re-order any style/color/size that you want, and at any time you want – just go to www.blundstone.co.nz and start a new order.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY BOOTS?
While our boots are designed to last, it's vital that you care for them to help prolong their life and lustre.
Our boots are made from leathers with various finishes, suede, nubuck and canvas. Each needs specific care in order to keep them clean.
Keeping the soles of your Blundstone boots clean is also an integral part of boot care. This will help avoid permanent stains and minimise contamination causing damage to your favourite boots.
- First, remove any caked dirt on your boots with a soft bristled brush or damp cloth, and leave your boots to air dry. Please ensure that your boots are away from direct sunlight or any heaters, as they will dry out the leather.
- Apply leather polish or cream to the leather to help maintain your boots. If you are using a polish for the first time, try it on an inconspicuous area of the boot to check whether it alters the color or appearance.
- If using a polish, apply a small amount of leather cleaner to a polishing cloth or brush and rub onto the shoe in circular motions.
- Wipe away the residue and again leave to dry.
- Use a suede brush, to scrub off any surface stains or dirt.
- If you have any scuff marks, you can remove them with a gum eraser. Simply rub the scuff with the eraser and wipe away the rubber debris.
- Then dampen a suede brush with a little water and pour a small amount of suede and leather cleaner on it. Then clean the shoe, focussing your attention on any particularly stained spots.
- Dab the shoes with a clean towel to remove any excess moisture and leave to air dry.
- Once dry, apply a water and stain repellent spray on the shoe to help prolong their life. Some suedes are best treated prior to wear if they have not been treated.
- It’s a good idea to waterproof boots regularly to protect the leather from staining. If the leather is wet, let it dry naturally prior to cleaning or using any cleaning substances.
- Use a dry nubuck cloth to remove any surface dirt. Then brush gently with a nubuck brush. Use a circular motion, taking care not to spend more than a few seconds on any area.
- If you have any scuffs, remove them with a gum eraser. Simply rub the scuff with the eraser and wipe away the rubber debris. Alternatively, try a spray-on nubuck cleaning solution, then wipe the area with a nubuck cloth. It is important to follow the instructions on such products and ensure it is tested on a small area before wider application.
- Dab the shoes with a clean towel to remove any excess moisture and leave to air dry.
- Apply a nubuck water and stain repellent on the shoe to help prolong the life of your shoes.
- Remember, it’s a good idea to waterproof boots regularly to protect the leather from staining. If the leather is wet, let it dry naturally prior to cleaning or using any cleaning substances.
- Scrub away any patches of dirt with a soft bristled brush. Or, if you have one lying around, you can even use an old toothbrush.
- Dip a cloth or soft bristled brush into some warm water and clean the entire surface of the boot.
- Put some tissue paper inside your boots and leave them to air dry, to help maintain their shape when drying.
- Never put your canvas Blundstones in a tumble dryer or they risk shriveling and damaging the sole.
CLEANING THE SOLE
- Remove any large pieces of dirt/debris from your boots.
- Use a stiff nylon brush to clean between the tread to remove any excess dirt. Should dirt remain, soak your boots in a shallow bath/bucket of warm water for two hours. Again, use a stiff nylon brush to remove.
- Finally, use a damp cloth for an overall clean before allowing them to dry naturally.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Never dry your boots by an open fire or artificial heat source, as this will cause the leather to harden, shrink and crack. It can even cause the leather to pull away from the sole. Always dry your boots naturally at room temperature.
- Always store your boots in a well ventilated, cool place away from sunlight or any heat which will tarnish the leather.
- You should use a leather conditioner on your boots whenever they need them. If your boots are looking a little scuffed and worn, always remember to use a conditioner.
- Similarly, you should use a suede protector on your suede boots when they are looking worn, and before you wear them on a rainy or sunny day.
- Avoid exposing your boots to chemical contamination. Solvents, strong acids and alkalis will do irreparable damage on leather, whilst commonplace substances like milk and salt are also highly damaging. In the event of exposure, clean the boots immediately.
- You should only use good quality cleaning substances and ones specific to the material of your boots.
STILL HAVE A QUESTION?
No problem. If your question wasn’t answered in any of the topics above, please fill out our contact form and someone from our customer service team will be in touch promptly.
NEED QUICK, EXPERT ADVICE?
We understand! You can contact our customer service team during the business hours of 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. (NZST) Monday to Friday on 09 813 1730.